Did you know that groundhogs are actually members of the squirrel family? These large rodents are excellent climbers and swimmers; most of their damage occurs outside. They are often found under porches and decks (similar to opossums). We provide groundhog services to the following areas: Dayton, Centerville, Fairborn, Miamisburg, New Carlisle, Kettering and Beaver Creek. If a groundhog is giving you grief and you need professional groundhog removal services, call our Dayton office or contact us using our online form.
Getting Rid of Groundhogs
Since groundhog burrows have multiple entrances and exits, traps should only be set by trained professionals like those at Critter Control of Dayton. Although groundhogs do not actively attack humans, they may scratch or bite when cornered or threatened, and residents should never attempt to handle the rodents.
Critter Control of Dayton's groundhog control experts are trained to safely deal with groundhog pests and are fully equipped to handle groundhog trapping, removal, and control operations while following laws. Some groundhog prevention methods like wire mesh fences and electrified fencing can be effective.
Common Groundhog Pest Control Problems
- Groundhogs are active during spring, summer, and the beginning of fall. They typically stay within close proximity of their burrows and don't have any desire to get inside homes.
- Unfortunately, their burrows are sometimes at the base of outbuildings or your home, causing potential structural damage.
- Vegetarian rodents, groundhogs' food-seeking behaviors lead them into yards and crop fields in search of grasses, vegetables, and other tasty plants.
- Groundhog damage can be common in the form of damaged crops and greenery, such as soybeans, peas, carrots, lettuce, alfalfa, apples, and flowers.
- Like moles, groundhog holes can cause injury and costly landscape damage.
We can help you get rid of groundhog problems and keep groundhogs away for good. Call today or contact us now!
Request a Quote