One of the most ubiquitous pests worldwide, house mice contaminate stores of food, cause structural and property damage, and spread diseases. The rodents have poor eyesight and heightened senses of smell, touch, and taste to compensate. Since they rarely travel outside an area of 10 to 30 feet once they establish nests, house mice are extremely familiar with their surroundings and notice when baits and strange objects appear in their habitats. Call Critter Control of Dayton today at the first sign of mouse activity!
GET RID OF HOUSE MICE PERMANENTLY
Mice often get inside homes and settle down because they're searching for a safe and warm place to nest. They also like food sources that can be found insde human homes. Mice are clever little creatures. They can avoid being captured because they are small and quick, making permanent prevention difficult. Some things you can do to help get rid of house mice include:
- Setting out snap traps
- Keeping your home free of spilled food or liquid
- Sealing your home's foundation cracks to minimize potential entry points
- Removing debris
Common Mouse Problems in Houses
- Only rivaled by rats as the most destructive pest in homes, mice can cause huge issues in the home simply because of their presence. They dig up freshly planted grains, mutilate crops before harvest, gnaw through containers of food in warehouses, and even contaminate packages with their urine and droppings.
- As they spend a lot of time in dumpsters, sewers, and other filthy locations, house mice are often riddled with pathogens and secondary pests.
- House mice are also capable of serious structural damage. Their teeth grow rapidly, and they must gnaw to keep the length under control. This leads to the destruction of wall insulation, stored items like books and paintings, and damage to support beams and walls that worsens over time. House mice also chew on electrical wires, which can lead to electrical shorts and even fires.
Keep Mice Out — For Good
House mice aren't very sneaky, and infestations can be detected early. Once the first signs of activity appear, property owners should contact the professionals at Critter Control to deal with the problem. Our trained technicians have the tools and extensive knowledge of house mouse behavior to quickly and safely remove infestations.
We can help you get rid of mice problems. Call today.Request a Quote